Piled high with mushrooms and drizzled with homemade gravy. This comfort food will warm your soul.
1) In a large mixing bowl combine bison, onion, garlic, parsley, garlic salt, breadcrumbs, and egg. Once mixed thoroughly, start forming the mixture into oval patties and set aside.
2) Add flour to a large bowl and lightly salt and pepper.
3) Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. When the surface of the oil starts to ripple, you'll know it's ready.
4) Meanwhile, lightly coat the patties in the flour and then place them in the skillet.
5) Cook the patties for 4-5 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
6) Remove the patties from the skillet and set aside.
7) In the same skillet, add the onions and mushrooms. Cook until the onions start to caramelize.
8) Remove the onions and mushrooms and spoon them over the patties.
9) For the gravy: In the same skillet, melt the butter.
10) Whisk in flour and cook for a minute or until a paste starts to form.
11) Stir in stock and whisk until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
12) Pour over the patties and serve!